During the initial colonization phase Lambda Chi Alpha staff members will be on site for 8-10 weeks. During this time the focus will be on identifying ideal candidates to join the colony and establishing fraternity operations. Additionally, staff members will complete the following:
- Campus Outreach – utilize campus media and events to publicize the colonization and educate the student body on Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Referrals and Recruitment – the staff members will conduct values-based, individual recruitment efforts by identifying potential new members and collecting referrals.
- Establishment of a Student Organization – complete all steps required by the host institution
- Associate Member Ceremony – conducted by the Big Brother Chapter, this is Lambda Chi Alpha’s open ceremony to welcome new members into the organization.
- Fraternity Education – based around the Seven Core Values and conducted through experiential learning, fraternity education equips members with an understanding of member expectations, application of values, and what it means to be a fraternity man in Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Educational Sessions and Programs – during the initial colonization the staff members will conduct training and education on the following topics
- Leadership Training
- Harm Reduction
- Strategic Planning/Colony Operations
- Event Planning
- Officer Elections and Training
- Chartering Standards
© 2017 LAMBDA CHI ALPHA FRATERNITY, INC. | 11711 N. PENNSYLVANIA ST. STE 250, CARMEL, IN 46032