Position Title: Accounts Payables Specialist
Reporting to: Controller
Department: Finance & Accounting
Supervisory responsibilities: No
Position: One full time position
To provide financial, accounting, and human resource services in support of the Fraternity and Educational Foundation.
This position is suited for individuals who are highly organized, motivated, and are self-starters. Responsibilities include recording and entering accurate data, processing reimbursements and payment requests, and maintaining the organization’s vendor records and relationships. Individuals who operate with a high level of integrity, are able to hold themselves and others accountable to policies, procedures, and deadlines, and can demonstrate a high level of detail and accuracy in their work are encouraged to apply.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLES SPECIALIST
- Creating and reporting timely and accurate accounting activities for the organization.
- Assist in managing accounts payables daily in order to meet the organizations objectives.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Specifically, this role is responsible for the following:
- Recording and entering of invoices in Monday.com and Intacct for approval.
- Processing expense reimbursements, check requests, and electronic funds transfers (EFT).
- Reconciling accounts payables sub-ledger to general ledger .
- Request statements and reconcile Major Vendor list on a monthly basis
- To provide weekly payment list for approval by Controller and CFO.
- To ensure timely processing of payments to vendors and uploading to banking platform.
- Sending payment details to vendors via email.
- Maintaining vendor records and relationships.
- Processing year-end IRS 1099 Forms.
- Preparing Audit schedules for accrued and other payables on a monthly basis.
- Coordinating with the Event Manager to reconcile all pre- and post-conference registration billing.
- Assisting the Controller with the Fraternity’s and Foundation’s fiscal-year-end-audit process.
- Preparing biweekly payroll journals, benefits, and reporting.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
The competencies and behaviors that have been specifically sorted as priorities for this job are:
- Action Oriented
- Balance Stakeholders
- Establish Priorities
- Relationship Building
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed to support the organization’s needs.
- Acting as a representative of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Working with various departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives.
- Protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable organization policies, procedures, and practices.
Considering Lambda Chi Alpha’s team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying.
Candidates should have least 3 years of experience in accounting operations and should be able to demonstrate proficiency with Excel. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study with 5 or more years of experience is preferred, but not required.
The position is a full-time, exempt position located in the organization’s headquarters in Carmel, IN. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
The salary range starts at $36,000 and the compensation will correspond with a candidate’s education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health plans, 401k with employer match, paid leave, continuing education, laptop, , and an extended holiday break in December.
A complete online application can be found below. The application will require you to submit:
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications
- A resume
- Three professional or experiential references, and
- An available start date.
Please refer all questions regarding this position to:
Thihees Higgs, Controller – email@example.com