Position Title: Associate Graphic Designer
Reporting to: Director of Strategic Marketing
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Position: One full-time position
As Marketers, We Live Our Brand… A Bold Way to a Better World
Our team’s mission is to create the bold way to a better Lambda Chi by reinventing marketing through systems of support, service, and brand leadership for each other, and for all our constituents.
Lambda Chi Alpha is taking on bold ways to a better world, expanding operations to better support our men, our parents, our institutions, our partners, and our communities. As part of the growing Marketing Team, the Associate Graphic Designer will report to the Director of Strategic Marketing and work alongside a Digital Specialist and Senior Content Coordinator. This multi-talented designer will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with other teams in addition to supporting the day-to-day operations of the Fraternity. The Designer must have knowledge and skills to interpret and produce the creative vision against all marketing requests and support the review process for design assets. This person will work on a variety of projects, including (but not limited to), social and print ads, infographics, presentations, templates, digital toolkits, photography, and video productions.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR THE ASSOCIATE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
- Bringing vision and creative ideas that translate into compelling content
- Maintaining a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Specifically, this role is responsible for the following:
- Supporting creative content design and asset production for the Fraternity and the Foundation including online advertising graphics, campaigns resources, communication templates/layouts, conference website and themes, print & digital newsletters, along with photography and video production needs
- Understanding, articulating, and following brand standards
- Managing print vendors and orders
- Managing marketing requests and intake form with direction from Strategic Director
- Staying current on design trends and adapting creative when needed based on performance of assets
- Overseeing the day-to-day production of multimedia projects and program activities and ensuring content design, visual storytelling and brand best practices are upheld through entire production process
- Creating, maintaining, and managing asset libraries
The competencies and behaviors that have been specifically sorted as priorities for this job are:
- Action Oriented
- Balance Stakeholders
- Establish Priorities
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed to support the organization’s needs
- Acting as a representative of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha
- Working with various departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives
- Protecting confidential and sensitive information
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable organization policies, procedures, and practices
Considering Lambda Chi Alpha’s team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying. The position is a full-time, exempt position located in the organization’s headquarters in Carmel, IN. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study and at least 1 year of professional experience. A robust portfolio of assets created using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro may be considered in lieu of the professional experience requirement. All applicants will be asked to provide a portfolio that shows originality and an understanding of the creative process, breadth of design capabilities, and should demonstrate a proven ability to work across media (design for print and digital). The successful candidate for this position must have experience working in a variety of mediums, especially graphic design, video/animation production, 3D rendering, photography/videography, and experience in layout design/larger project spreads.
The salary range and compensation will correspond with a candidate’s education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health plans, 401k with employer match, paid leave, continuing education, laptop, and an extended holiday break in December.
A complete online application can be found below. The application will require you to submit:
- A resume
- A portfolio/collection of design samples
- Three professional or experiential references
- An available start date
Please refer all questions regarding this position to:
Sarah Rosenberger, Director of Strategic Marketing