Position Title: Expansion Development Specialist
Reporting to: Director of Expansion
Department: Growth – Expansion
Supervisory responsibilities: No
Position: Three full time positions
To identify, recruit, and Initiate new Brothers within an ever-expanding network that exhibit the values of Lambda Chi Alpha.
This position requires pioneers and adventurers to apply. During the 2021 calendar year, Lambda Chi Alpha will be hiring new Expansion Development Specialists to help build the Growth Team. The responsibilities include working along colony officers, volunteers, campus partners, and the Office of Administration team at Lambda Chi Alpha. This position is for highly organized people who can support the development of undergraduate men while holding them accountable to Lambda Chi Alpha’s values and high leadership standards.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR EXPANSION DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
- Growing and retaining membership
- Establishing colony culture
- Articulating the Lambda Chi Alpha value proposition
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Specifically, this role is responsible for the following:
- Generating potential new member pipeline through cold calling.
- Documenting potential new member candidates based on a membership rubric.
- Articulating Lambda Chi Alpha’s vision, mission, and values.
- Guiding potential new members through the recruitment cycle.
- Facilitating new officer training.
- Educating new members on their role in the organization.
- Coaching colony leadership to achieve chartering requirements.
- Managing and performing on-site tasks throughout the expansion process.
- Performing weekly Goal Setting & Review (GS&R) meetings with colonies.
- Meeting and exceeding growth objectives for Lambda Chi Alpha’s expansion program.
- Facilitating recruitment, Fraternity and Ritual education, and health and wellness workshops to undergraduate members.
- Delivering consistent messaging via email, in-person meetings, and reports to alumni advisors and campus professionals regarding colonies.
The competencies and behaviors that have been specifically sorted as priorities for this job are:
- Action oriented
- Establish priorities
- Relationship building
- Traveling will be up to eight weeks per project at a campus location.
- Acting as a representation of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Working with various organizational departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives.
- Protecting confidential and sensitive information; acting with a high level of integrity is required.
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable organization policies, procedures, and practices.
Considering Lambda Chi Alpha’s team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree as well as knowledge of Fraternity and Sorority life and chapter operations. One to three years of fraternal job experience is preferred, but recent graduates are welcome to apply for this role. Membership or eligibility for membership within Lambda Chi Alpha is also preferred due to duties involving the Initiation Ritual.
The position is a full-time, exempt position located in the organization’s headquarters in Carmel, IN. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
Salary and compensation commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health plans, 401k with employer match, paid leave and continuing education, laptop, cell phone, and an extended holiday break in December.
A complete online application can be found below. The application will require you to submit:
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications
- A resume
- Three professional or experiential references, and
- An available start date.
Please refer all questions regarding this position to:
Doug Derringer, Chief Growth Officer – email@example.com