Position Title: Recruiter
Reporting to: Director of Expansion
Supervisory responsibilities: No
Position: Two full time positions
To identify, recruit, and Initiate new Brothers within an ever-expanding network that exhibit the values of Lambda Chi Alpha.
During the 2021 calendar year, Lambda Chi Alpha is looking for a Recruiter to excel with support from our innovative team, leading us to accelerate our growth and double our undergraduate membership by 2028. In addition to identifying, recruiting, and retaining new members of Lambda Chi Alpha, you’ll improve upon our recruiting strategy, ensuring all members you recruit have a uniquely positive experience from first introduction through their on-boarding. Your determination and passion for delivering a premier fraternal experience will drive your success and help you prosper as a Recruiter for our team.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR RECRUITER
- Growing and retaining membership
- Establishing colony culture through startup initiatives
- Articulating the Lambda Chi Alpha value proposition
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Specifically, this role is responsible for the following:
- Own Lambda Chi’s recruitment cycle, which encompasses identifying potential members, interviewing candidates, and closing membership acceptance.
- Generating potential new member pipeline through cold calling and referrals.
- Qualifying potential new member candidates based on a membership rubric.
- Articulating Lambda Chi Alpha’s vision, mission, and values.
- Guiding potential new members through the recruitment cycle.
- Educating new members on their role in the organization.
- Managing and performing on-site tasks throughout the expansion process.
- Managing relationships and expectations with multiple stakeholder groups, including alumni advisors, campus professionals, and the Office of Administration team.
- Meeting and exceeding growth objectives for Lambda Chi Alpha’s expansion program.
- Facilitating recruitment workshops to train undergraduate members on the recruitment cycle.
The competencies and behaviors that have been specifically sorted as priorities for this job are:
- Action oriented
- Establish priorities
- Relationship building
- Balance stakeholders
- Traveling will be up to eight weeks per project.
- Acting as a representation of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Working with various organizational departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives.
- Protecting confidential and sensitive information; acting with a high level of integrity is required.
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable organization policies, procedures, and practices.
Considering Lambda Chi Alpha’s team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree as well as knowledge of Fraternity and Sorority life and chapter operations. It is critical that candidates articulate prior recruitment or sales experience. One to three years of fraternal job experience is preferred, but recent graduates are welcome to apply for this role. Membership or eligibility for membership within Lambda Chi Alpha is also preferred due to duties involving the Initiation Ritual.
The position is a full-time, exempt position located in the organization’s headquarters in Carmel, IN. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
Salary and compensation commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health plans, 401k with employer match, paid leave and continuing education, laptop, cell phone, and an extended holiday break in December.
A complete online application can be found below. The application will require you to submit:
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications
- A resume
- Three professional or experiential references, and
- An available start date.
Please refer all questions regarding this position to:
Chris Pockette, Director of Expansion – firstname.lastname@example.org