Position Title: Systems Support Analyst
Reporting to: Director of Information Technology
Department: Special Teams – Information Technology
Supervisory responsibilities: No
Position: One full time position
To install tools and systems that allow the organization and its various affiliates to function effectively.
This is a NEW position and requires motivated individuals to apply. Responsibilities include monitoring systems performance and troubleshooting issues for internal team members and external stakeholders. Individuals must demonstrate knowledge of systems security and data backup recovery and be able to provide first-class service in all settings.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR THE SYSTEMS SUPPORT ANALYST
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Office of Administration and its members seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Specifically, this role is responsible for the following:
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Maintain efficient inventory management procedures including end-user and mobile devices
- Walk the end-user through the problem-solving process
The competencies and behaviors that have been specifically sorted as priorities for this job are:
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Establish Priorities
- Relationship Building
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed to support the organization’s needs.
- Acting as representative of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Working with various departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives.
- Protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable organization policies, procedures, and practices.
Considering Lambda Chi Alpha’s team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying.
Candidates must have least 5 years of experience directly related to information technology and be able to demonstrate proficiency in enterprise backup and recovery procedures; monitoring tools, active directories; HTTP traffic; content delivery; and caching. A bachelor’s degree in programming, computer science, computer engineering, or another relevant field of study is preferred, but not required.
The position is a full-time position located in the organization’s headquarters in Carmel, IN. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
The salary range starts at $55,000 and the compensation will correspond with a candidate’s education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health plans, 401k with employer match, paid leave, continuing education, laptop, cell phone, and an extended holiday break in December.
A complete online application can be found below. The application will require you to submit:
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications
- A resume
- Three professional or experiential references, and
- An available start date.
Please refer all questions regarding this position to:
Mike Covert, Director of Information Technology