Position Title: Training Coordinator
Reporting To: Director of Learning Outcomes
Department: Learning Outcomes
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position: One full time position
Deliver resources, curriculum, and content that helps team members and brothers grow, serve, and lead.
This position will report to the Director of Learning Outcomes and work cross functionally with all internal teams at Lambda Chi Alpha’s Office of Administration. The responsibilities include managing the team’s onboarding processes, creating and providing continual training to the Office of Administration Team, and project management and oversight of regional training conferences and events. The Training Coordinator must have the knowledge and experience utilizing e-learning and project management platforms, instructional design theory, and be able to produce individualized trainings and using multiple modalities based upon the needs of individual departments.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR THE TRAINING SPECIALIST
- Optimally onboard new employees
- Create, maintain, and utilize an employee personality and work style database to ensure the Office of Administration is supporting and training employees to meet individual learning and behavioral needs
- Manage the Office of Administration’s internal training program. Training topics include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership Development
- Customer Service
- Professional Etiquette
- Technology Basics
- Project Management
- Catalyze and moderate formal and/or informal peer-to-peer learning communities through the use of cross functional team trainings
- Act as lead or secondary support for regional conferences and events
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Manage internal employee onboarding and offboarding processes
- Distribute and utilize data from personality and workplace style assessments (i.e., DISC, Strengths Profile, Birkman, etc.)
- Create training schedules for all teams, track the outcomes of all trainings, and maintain training records at the Office of Administration
- Gather and evaluate feedback from employees and the Senior Leadership Team on previous trainings to identify areas of opportunity that need additional training
- Market training opportunities to the internal team
- Recommend training materials and methods to the Learning Outcomes and Senior Leadership Team for consideration and use
- Train team on effective project management techniques and internal software programs
- Purpose & Vision
- Establish priorities
- Traveling as necessary to support training initiatives and conferences
- Acting as representative of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha
- Working with various departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives
- Protecting confidential and sensitive information
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable organization policies, procedures, and practices
Considering Lambda Chi Alpha’s team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study. A Master’s Degree in Organizational Development is preferred. Five to seven years of direct work experience is required, but less experience combined with relevant certifications and training may be considered.
The position is a full-time, exempt position located in the organization’s headquarters in Carmel, IN. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
The salary range and compensation will correspond with a candidate’s education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health plans, 401k with employer match, paid leave, continuing education, laptop, and an extended holiday break in December.
A complete online application can be found below. The application will require you to submit:
- A resume
- A portfolio/collection of design samples
- Three professional or experiential references
- An available start date
Please refer all questions regarding this position to:
Alyssa Gilles, Director of Learning Outcomes – firstname.lastname@example.org