Reporting To: Avery Baker, Training Specialist
Department: Marketing, Learning Outcomes, Operations/Chapter Support & Wellness, Expansion and Foundation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position: Five part-time positions
LAMBDA CHI ALPHA’S MISSION
To inspire and equip men to lead an ethical life of growth, service, and leadership.
Want to get hands on experience in a professional environment this summer, and get paid for it?
The Office of Administration has five paid part-time internships available for those able to come to Indianapolis for 8 weeks during the summer of 2022! These positions are for undergraduate members and/or graduate/doctoral students only. They will assist the Office of Administration in completing various strategic objectives and implementing summer conferences and programs. These positions are for highly motivated, and organized people who can take initiative and collaborate with a variety of teams in order to maximize results.
Travel and housing will be covered. Deadline to apply is April 22, 2022.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR AN ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN
- Assisting the Office of Administration with:
- Completing strategic objectives,
- Implementing summer conferences and programming
- Managing day-to-day tasks.
- Providing undergraduate and/or student perspective to members of the Office of Administration Team.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Specifically, this role is responsible for the following:
- Learning Outcomes (1 Part-time Position)
- Providing conference support for Stead Leadership Seminar and the Facilitator Certification Program through the testing of small group content, providing student perspective, and coordaining logistics for the events (e.g., registration, name badges, etc.)
- Assisting with the creation of updated Officer Operations Guides
- Aggregating the testing data from 12 Ideal Man pilot groups
- Assisting the Data & Knowledge Manager in creating a resource catalog to manage resource allocation in LambdaOnline
- Operations – Chapter Support & Wellness and Expansion (2 Part-Time Positions)
- Performing cold calls for General Assembly & Stead Leadership Seminar regiration and to share information about other chapter and officer training opportunities
- Creating resources to aid in the support of mega chapters
- Providing support through the inaugural launch of the Dyad volunteer survey
- Assisting with the scheduling of focus groups related to the Dyad undergraduate survey
- Assisting the Director of Chapter Support & Wellness with the set-up of the Dyad Undergraduate survey
- Performing cold calls to High Betas (First Vice President) to share information about the Dyad brotherhood survey
- Providing student perspective and overall assistance with JED programming implementation
- Creating a parent video and script
- Researching potential expansion campuses and communities
- Making initial contact with campus administrators to start expansions
- Assisting with preparation of Fall 2022 expansion projects and implementing the Recruitment Cycle:
- Lead generation
- Cold calling leads
- Creation of marketing/project materials
- Educational Foundation (1 Part-time Position)
- Supporting the Founders’ Day Challenge, Mason’s Circle, and chapter-based communication campaigns
- Internship outcomes will be established in concert with the selected candidate and Foundation leadership
- Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Digital marketing
- Managing projects and database entry
- Marketing (1 Part-time Position)
- Submitting approved invoices for the Marketing team
- Reviewing marketing tactics as a test for overall messaging
- Assisting with website updates
- Setting up emails in ActiveCampaign
- Auditing social media posts and providing recommendations for improvements
The competencies and behaviors that have been specifically sorted as priorities for this job are:
- Acting as representative of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Working with various departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives.
- Protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable organization policies, procedures, and practices.
Considering Lambda Chi Alpha’s team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying.
Candidates must be a current Undergraduate, Graduate, or Doctoral student who are passionate about the Lambda Chi Alpha and/or fraternal experience. The five selected candidates will be chosen based upon their demonstration of the general, core competencies and their expertise within the outlined functional areas.
The positions are part-time, non-exempt positions located in the organization’s headquarters in Carmel, IN, but will be filled as hybrid (i.e., remote and limited in-person) roles. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
The hour pay range starts at $10/hour, and the compensation will correspond with a candidate’s education and experience. Benefits include lodging and travel to Carmel, IN, if applicable.
A complete online application can be found below. The application will require you to submit:
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications
- A resume, and
- Three professional or experiential references.
Please refer all questions regarding this position to:
Avery Baker, Training Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)