Position Title: Chapter Coach
Reporting To: Director of Chapter Support & Wellness
Department: Operations – Chapter Support
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position: Ten full-time positions
The Chapter Support Team seems to maximize the personal development of individual members while optimizing chapter operational performance, and the health, wellness, and safety of our members in all communities in which they live, work, and engage.
Lambda Chi Alpha will be hiring to complete a team of Chapter Coaches to help build the chapter support team. The responsibilities include working alongside chapter officers, alumni volunteers, campus partners, and the team at the Lambda Chi Alpha Office of Administration. This position is for highly organized people who can support the development of our undergraduate members and alumni volunteers while holding them accountable to the Lambda Chi Alpha values and high standards.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR A CHAPTER COACH
- Holding stakeholders accountable
- Aligning Lambda Chi Alpha values with action for undergraduate members and alumni volunteers
- Assessing the culture of chapters and the competence of undergraduate officers
- Growing, supporting, and redirecting behavior to create compliant and risk-averse chapters
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Specifically, this role is responsible for the following:
- Implementing the Situational Leadership model to help undergraduate officers manage complex calendars and tasks.
- Educating undergraduate officers and alumni volunteers on roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitating educational programming and workshops to undergraduate members.
- Closing the feedback and follow-through loop with all undergraduate, alumni, university, and Office of Administration stakeholders.
- Creating strategic plans with chapters.
- Managing relationships between undergraduates and alumni stakeholders.
- Using technology to communicate with High Alphas.
- Executing administrative and educational tasks associated with conferences.
- Demonstrating timeliness in reporting assignments, especially when traveling.
- Collecting data regarding Chapter Operating Standards.
- Participating fully in ongoing training and development programs provided by the Office of Administration.
- Complete terms calls with Greek Advisors and Alumni Advisors.
- Facilitate monthly visits and deliver Lambda Chi Alpha health and wellness programs.
- Assist chapter officers with setting milestones to accomplish year-end goals.
- Conduct training programs that support the growth and direction of Lambda Chi Alpha’s members, and specifically chapters and associate chapters on a disciplinary status.
- Ensure assigned chapters and colonies are completing necessary compliance items related to any disciplinary status.
The competencies and behaviors that have been specifically sorted as priorities for this job are:
- Traveling as needed to support the needs of the organization.
- Acting as representative of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Working with various departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives.
- Protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable organization policies, procedures, and practices.
Considering Lambda Chi Alpha’s team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree as well as knowledge of fraternity and sorority life and chapter operations. One to three years of fraternal job experience is preferred, but recent graduates are welcome to apply for this role. Membership or eligibility for membership within Lambda Chi Alpha is preferred due to duties involving the Initiation Ritual.
The position is a full-time, exempt position located in the organization’s headquarters in Carmel, IN. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
The salary range starts at $35,568 and the compensation will correspond with a candidate’s education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health plans, 401k with employer match, paid leave, continuing education, laptop, cell phone, and an extended holiday break in December.
A complete online application can be found below. The application will require you to submit:
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications
- A resume
- Three professional or experiential references
- An available start date.
Please refer all questions regarding this position to:
Jessie Ashton, Director of Chapter Support & Wellness (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nathan Schultz, Operations Specialist (email@example.com)