Position Title: Curriculum Writer
Reporting To: Curriculum Coordinator
Department: Operations-Learning Outcomes
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position: One full time position
Deliver resources, curriculum, and content that equips team members and Brothers to grow, serve and lead.
This is a NEW position that requires highly creative individuals to apply. The responsibilities include creating and delivering the best quality curriculum through the Ideal Man program to ensure Lambda Chi Alpha’s members are inspired and equipped to lead an ethical life of growth, service, and leadership. This position is for highly motivated people who can manage complex timelines, multiple projects, and have a desire to educate young adult learners.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR THE CURRICULUM COORDINATOR
- Creating content that drives Lambda Chi Alpha’s individual and holistic member development
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Specifically, this role is responsible for the following:
- Developing, implementing, and conducting asynchronous learning programs for undergraduate members. Topics may include:
- Health and wellness
- Relationship development
- Leadership development
- Personal development
- Collaborating with the Curriculum Coordinators, Training Specialists, and Director of Learning Outcomes to create and deliver conference curriculum
- Developing and delivering assessment initiatives related to all educational programming
- Purpose & Vision
- Traveling will be necessary in order to support educational efforts at conferences and events.
- Acting as representative of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha
- Working with various departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives
- Protecting confidential and sensitive information
Considering Lambda Chi Alpha’s team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree as well as at least two years’ experience writing curriculum. Experience using Gomo (or other digital learning content creation platforms) and/or Learning Management Systems, is preferred but not required. Candidates will be required to submit examples of previous curriculum design. Membership or eligibility for membership within Lambda Chi Alpha is preferred due to duties involving the Initiation Ritual.
The position is a full-time, exempt position located in the organization’s headquarters in Carmel, IN. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
The salary range and compensation will correspond with a candidate’s education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health plans, 401k with employer match, paid leave, continuing education, laptop, and an extended holiday break in December.
A complete online application can be found below. The application will require you to submit:
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications
- A resume
- Three professional or experiential references
- At least one example of curriculum design, and
- An available start date