Programs & Initiatives
Through our Core Values and ritualistic teachings , Lambda Chi Alpha aims to systematically develop our men by fundamentally shaping who they are, what they know, and what they can do.
To lead a co-curricular Greek movement, predicated on partnership and collaboration amongst the undergraduates, host institutions, alumni and General Fraternity, and offering an experience that focuses on the maturational development of today’s college man. As such, it is the vision of Lambda Chi Alpha to extend itself beyond the traditional social fraternity in practice and principle.
- TRUE Brother Implementation – achieve 100% chapter implementation of the Outer Circle and 33% chapter implementation of the Inner Circle by 2017.
- Alumni Identification & Training – ensure chapters have the alumni support necessary to succeed, as well as ensure alumni volunteers have the necessary training to mentor, coach, and guide today’s Lambda Chi Alpha experience.
- Healthy Chapter Environments – ensure chapters are positioned to offer environments that contribute to the development of our brothers and ensures safety for both brothers and guests.
- Co-Curricular – ensure Lambda Chi Alpha is the leader in developmental programming for collegiate men and is the leader of a Greek experience predicated on partnership with our host institutions)
- Growth – continue to grow, as the crescent teaches, the number of men in our chapters, the number of chapters in Lambda Chi Alpha, and our ability to secure resources to support our brothers.
For brothers who would like to obtain a copy of Lambda Chi Alpha’s strategic plan, please log on to MYLCA where you will find the document on the left-hand navigation.
Warren Albert Cole (Boston 1909)As a college student at Boston University, Warren A. Cole (Boston 1912) founded Lambda Chi Alpha on November 2, 1909, with the expressed objective purpose of bringing about the association of college students of good moral character in the various collegiate institutions within the United States and Canada; to foster a high moral and spiritual standard of life based on Christian ideals; to promote honorable friendship; to cultivate intellectual excellence; to secure for members the greatest advantages in college life; to establish brotherly love, mutual aid, close personal connection between alumni, undergraduates and colleges; and, to bind them together for mutual pleasure and interest in college, as well as after life by testing each with courage, self-control, obedience, democracy, and courtesy toward all with whom they may come in contact.
Today, Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. is one of the largest men’s general fraternities in North America with more than 275,000 initiated members, with nearly 200 active subsidiaries (called chapters) at colleges and universities. It was the first fraternity to eliminate pledging in the early 1970s, and remains a leader in the fight against hazing, alcohol abuse, drugs, and other challenges facing today’s college student.
Lambda Chi Alpha serves as a co-curricular experience to complement higher education by providing young men with opportunities for academic achievement, leadership development, and lifelong friendships.
© 2017 LAMBDA CHI ALPHA FRATERNITY, INC. | 11711 N. PENNSYLVANIA ST. STE 250, CARMEL, IN 46032