IHQ Job Opening: Recruitment Specialist
Lambda Chi Alpha is looking to hire another recruitment specialist to help grow the fraternity and assist chapters who are struggling with recruitment. If you have a passion for people, want to share the Lambda Chi Alpha experience, and want an exciting career traveling the United States, please consider applying
Primary responsibility of the position is to support the director of chapter services with all duties and responsibilities deemed appropriate in accordance with the goals and objectives of the General Fraternity. A key focus of the position will be the coordination, management and support of the Fraternity’s expansion program and overall recruitment efforts. The specialist will also focus on ensuring all colonies and alumni groups of the International Fraternity receive the highest level of service; coordinating all available resources in an effective and timely manner.
Direct Report: Associate Director of Expansion, Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
- Plan and execute one expansion each semester (paired with an ELC) and continue working with the colony to achieve chartering standards:
- Conduct an 8-10 week on-campus expansion visit to recruit and colonize a new Lambda Chi Alpha group each semester.
- Responsible for all training and colony development in the areas of fraternity education, chapter management, harm reduction and alumni affairs. This will be done over multiple colony visits and via distance learning (i.e. Skype, conference calls, etc.)
- Assist the associate director of expansion in researching and contacting potential universities targeted for expansion to include presentations, site visits, interest group development, alumni outreach and training.
- Serve as a recruitment “expert” and conduct recruitment focused visits and training session for chapters and colonies. As well as, preparing and facilitating recruitment education during International and regional conferences.
- Assist in the support of colonies as they work towards achieving chartering standards. This includes conducting colony-specific visits.
- Assist chapters following membership reviews, At-Risk Zeta plans, and other unforeseeable circumstances that have lower the membership to an unsustainable level.
- Provide additional support for visitation/projects as needed from Chapter Services.
- Help to plan and execute Lambda Chi Alpha international conferences.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet objectives of the Fraternity.
All Specialists are put thru an extensive training process in expansion, sales, event planning, management and logistics to ensure that they are fully capable of fulfilling their job responsibilities.
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and the ability to work under pressure
- Must be punctual with excellent time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work both autonomously and in group settings
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have an outgoing and innovative personality with enthusiasm for the fraternity
- Must feel comfortable speaking in front of both small and large groups of people
- Must feel comfortable with sales-type job responsibilities, including cold calls, prospect meetings, rejection and “making the close”
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (all majors considered)
- Valid driver’s license
- Working car that is properly insured to IHQ standards
- Have computer experience and knowledge working in a Windows operating system and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Salary & Term
Competitive salary, paid vacation and medical insurance provided. All travel related expenses paid. This position is a two-year position
We are looking to fill this position by December 1, 2017. If you have questions please contact Chris Buck, Senior Associate Director of Chapter Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 317-696-7083.