Report an Incident
Procedure for Reporting Chapter Incidents
Prompt reporting often prevents minor incidents from developing into major problems. Because of occasional late reporting of accidents or claims (either actual or potential), it is important to remind all chapter brothers and alumni brother volunteers about claims reporting procedures.
To report an accident or potential insurance claim, please follow these instructions:
- If necessary, be sure that the individual(s) receive appropriate emergency care. (Do not acknowledge responsibility or admit liability for any accident or occurrence.)
- Take record of names and contact information of all parties involved, including witnesses.
- Notify Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity International Headquarters – Contact your Educational Leadership Consultant; or call 317.872.8000 (24 Hour Emergency Hotline); or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Be sure to make contact with a member of the International Headquarters staff)
- Notify chapter High Pi and key alumni volunteers
- Notify University/College officials – typically the Greek Adviser
- Submit a written explanation, via email to email@example.com.
Report should include:
- Name(s) of individual(s) involved in or on the scene of the incident.
- Phone numbers and addresses of those involved or present.
- Exact location of incident.
- Description of circumstances leading up to the occurrence, including time of day, if alcohol was involved, if it was in relation to an official chapter activity
- What type of treatment and emergency medical attention occurred.
© 2017 LAMBDA CHI ALPHA FRATERNITY, INC. | 11711 N. PENNSYLVANIA ST. STE 250, CARMEL, IN 46032