Photo courtesy of the Alpha-Alpha chapter at Butler University
In this installment of LCA 101, it’s all about recruitment. Check out some ideas surrounding the High Delta position and important things to remember to effectively recruit in your chapter or colony.
- Set your chapter/colony up for success by “majoring on your majors”.
- The High Delta should view the position more as the “recruitment manager” rather than the “lead recruiter”.
- Enlist your best recruiters and leaders as members of your recruitment committee to assist in organizing logistics and leading recruitment efforts.
- Utilize the SOAR (Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations, Results) analysis and Membership Number analysis to set challenging yet achievable goals for recruitment. Focus on setting goals one-two terms out to ensure sustainability.
- Engage your entire membership by implementing recruitment teams. This will allow for efficiency when meeting Potential New Members (PNM) and accountability for having every member involved in the process.
- Communication is key! Every member should be aware of all goals and expectations for recruitment including but not limited to membership goals, involvement, and PNM eligibility standards.